Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Good Morning 4/5 graders! I hope you slept well last night. I loved all the pictures you sent in! If you did the Brain Teaser I have given you your Dojo points for answering it. 
*Answer to yesterday's Brain Teaser is: NO. St. Patrick drove out all the snakes so there are no longer any snakes in Ireland. Here is today's Brain Teaser & Super Sleuth Clue:   
    In what year was the 1st St. Patrick's Day parade held in America?

Wednesday Super Sleuth Clue :
    I was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 2013.
Mon./Tues. clues see March 17 blog post.

You may leave your answers, ALONG WITH YOUR NAME in the comments below. Remember no name no points!!! Just like in school I can't tell who is answering, I can't even tell by looking at your handwriting, whose paper or answer I'm reading. 

Have you watched this week's Mystery Doug video yet?(link on March 17 post) After you watch it tell me something you learned or really liked from it in the comment section below.

Check back later today to see if I have recorded myself reading a chapter from James & the Giant Peach.(Notice how I underlined the title of the book? Yes, I'm still teaching you correct English grammar!!)

Miss you all!

19 comments:

  1. I think that the first St.Patrick's Day parade was 1762. Mrs.Look did you get my email from yesterday? Hi 4-5 graders and Mrs.Look I really miss every single one of you! Please stay healthy!!!!!!!! Can't wait to go back to school.
    Love,
    Jylian

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1737 Boston had their first St. Patrick's parade followed by New York in 1762. New research in Florida found that St. Augustine had the first parade in 1601. Zac

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brainteaser
    1762 was the first St.Patrick's Day parade in America

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched Mystery Doug and I liked the rainbow made from strings. I think I will be able to try it at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do the experiment send picture of it and I will post it here. We would all like to see if it worked.

      Delete
  5. is the brain teaser 1762 Mrs.Look from Derek

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also liked the rainbow made from string in Mystery Doug

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Hi Lindsey! I see you were able to figure out how to leave a comment! Way to go!

      Delete
  8. Yeah. That was fun learning for me to get these set up. Ughhh

    ReplyDelete
  9. Leprcuns are 24 inches tall.
    MasonO

    ReplyDelete